Thermoforming in Packaging
You have seen thermoform in packaging you have bought, but probably didn’t understand what it is. Thermoforming is a process where heat is used to mold temperature sensitive material. It uses special sheets of polymer, known as thermoplastic, which comes in a variety of thicknesses, and is molded for the packaging of your needs.
There are three types of thermoforming molds:
- Convex molds protrude outward, where the outer surface of the mold is in the exact shape of the product.
- Concave molds have a cavity, where the exact shape of the exterior of the product is molded.
- Combination molds use both methods together, which will create a mold for both sides.
The use of thermoforming in packaging has proven to be efficient and cost effective. Depending on the shape, size, and quantity, thermoforming packaging projects typically are much lower in cost, with less lead time. In addition, there are many additional features available with thermoforming, such as forming logos in the design, adding texture to the form, custom colors can be utilized, and other detailed designs.
No matter what business you are in, your packaging needs need to serve your business well. Thermoformed packaging will offer you durable and attractive packaging. Here are some benefits of using thermoforming in your package:
- Whether you need transparent packaging or protective packaging, thermoforming can serve both needs. Transparent packaging will allow your product to be visible, while protected for retail sales. In addition, it is durable and can provide a protective shell for delicate items or breakable items.
- Because the packaging is made to specifically house your product, it provides a high quality appearance to your customers. No matter if you are packaging cell phones, cosmetics, toys, or more, the thermoforming will be completed to the exact dimensions of your product. This will instill a sense of security for your customers, recognizing that the product is safe, secure, and unopened.
- Every packaging need is different. With thermoforming, you can create specialized packaging that provides extra protection, includes your company brand (such as logo or colors), or is uniquely designed for your company and your product.
If you have been struggling with packaging solutions for your business and products, consider utilizing thermoforming for your packaging needs. As you can see it is durable and professional looking, but can be extremely cost effective as well. Contact us today and let us show you how thermoforming can transform your packaging needs.